Suffering from severe tooth pain? Call Sanders & Soult Family Dentistry at (303) 337-2794 for a same-day extraction.
In cases of severe tooth pain when saving the tooth is not possible, same-day extractions can be the best option. On most days, if you call early enough, Sanders & Soult Family Dentistry can see you that day and provide almost immediate relief by removing the painful tooth.
Why Are Extractions Necessary?
Nearly every U.S. adult experiences dental problems. Due to dental education efforts and improving dental hygiene, cavities in the U.S. population have declined steadily since the early 1970s. Still, 92% of adults between the ages of 20 and 64 have at least one cavity in a permanent tooth, according to the National Institutes of Health.
At Sanders & Soult Family Dentistry, our goal is always to keep natural teeth intact whenever possible. When you come in for your appointment, we start with an examination. We inspect your teeth, gums, and surrounding tissues to determine whether we can save the painful tooth with a filling, crown, or root canal and make recommendations based on what we find.
In some cases, extraction may be the best (and sometimes only) option. For example, we usually recommend extraction if:
- The tooth has severe decay or an infection
- The gum around the tooth shows inflammation or an infection
Types of Extractions
Sanders & Soult Family Dentistry uses the latest dental technology to ensure that your teeth extractions are safe, effective, and as comfortable as possible. Depending on which tooth we pull and what condition the tooth is in, there are two types of extractions:
- Simple extractions involve your dentist loosening the tooth and pulling it from the gum using forceps.
- Surgical extractions are required for broken, cracked, or impacted teeth. Surgical extractions involve cutting the gum, carefully removing the tooth, then stitching up the incision.
Surgical extractions for complex dental issues, particularly wisdom teeth, may require a referral to a local oral surgeon who has special training and equipment.
How Much Does an Extraction Cost?
The cost for a tooth extraction varies based on factors such as:
- The type of tooth: incisor, cuspid, premolar, or molar (wisdom teeth are molars)
- The condition of the tooth: broken, fractured, or impacted teeth cost more to remove
- Your gum health
- Whether your dentist previously performed any other procedures on the affected tooth
For these reasons, Sanders & Soult Family Dentistry does not quote costs for same-day extractions over the telephone. After examining the tooth, we will provide a treatment plan with fees outlined for your approval before we complete any procedures.
Call Sanders & Soult Family Dentistry Today
If you need emergency dental care, call Sanders & Soult Family Dentistry at (303) 337-2794. We are conveniently located at 3100 S. Parker Road, just west of I-225 and only two blocks from the Nine Mile Light Rail Station. Parking is easy and handicap-accessible.
Schedule an appointment for same-day extractions by calling us as early in the day as possible.
Book Your Appointment
We always accept new patients and can’t wait to meet you!